Frequently Asked Questions

Click here for Booking Conditions

If you have a question not covered here or need further information, please call us or use the contact us page.

Changeover Days : Properties are Saturday changeovers except:

Bleue Lune 


Bouley Bay Sea View Apartment







Cider Press House







Garden Cottage














Porthole Suites St Aubin

SACO Jersey - Merlin House

Sea View Cottage







Reef View Villa







Undercliff Junior Suite - Style A



Undercliff Junior Suite - Style B


How do I navigate this website?
Search using the search options on the Properties page. Every property page features price, calendar and booking form. If you do not select a search button all of our properties are listed in alphabetical order on the Properties page.

How do I make a booking? Click here

ls bed linen provided?
Yes, bed linen is always provided. Towels, beach towels and cot linen are provided only when stated. Please check each individual property description.

How many people can a property accommodate?
The occupancy stated in each individual property entry is the maximum number of adults, children and infants which may occupy the property. Check for any child age restrictions with each individual property. Infants are under 2 and children are up to the age of 12 in most accommodations, but in Tourism Registered accommodation children are up to the age of 16. Bookings are not normally taken for all male or all female groups. Under occupancy is also possible as the price is per property per week.

Where is the property located?
The precise location of each property is indicated on a Google location map at the end of each individual property entry.

Is the price of a property per person or per week?
The price is mostly per property per week, unless otherwise stated. Rate band dates vary. Where a week spans 2 bands the rent will be charged pro rata. There is no extra charge for gas or electricity unless stated in each individual property entry.

What amenities can I expect to find in a property?
The amenities in each property are listed under 'Services' in each individual property entry. All properties include furniture, bedding and bed linen, utensils, cutlery and crockery for the maximum number of occupants. Towels, beach towels and cot linen are provided only when stated. A 2 ring cooker would normally be a Baby Belling type. Beds described as double/twin can be made up as either a double or a twin on request. A twin bedroom contains two single beds or bunk beds as described and a double bedroom contains a double bed. Some satellite systems are on a shared dish. Wi-Fi, even when offered, is not guaranteed at any accommodation. Where a property advertises a swimming pool, the use of a swimming pool is, without exception, always entirely at the users' own risk.

Is there a charge for cleaning at the end of our stay?
No, there is no extra charge for cleaning the accommodation at the end of your stay. You are expected to leave the accommodation in a reasonably clean and tidy condition. Where a returnable cash deposit is required on arrival to cover for damage/extra cleaning costs, if incurred, this is clearly stated in the individual property description. However in exceptional circumstances if extra cleaning costs are incurred due to the condition of the property at the end of a stay the extra cleaning costs will be the liability of the client.

Do I need to hire a car?
When a property is located in a rural location or not near to a good bus route we do recommend a hire car. 'Car recommended' will appear under 'Services' in each individual property description. Please see our Car Hire page for details of our very competitive rates. 

How do we pay for public parking?
Many car parks and road side parking have a scratch card payment system. These cards can be purchased from Jersey Tourism, post offices, shops and garages island wide. Payment by paycard wherever the P symbol is displayed. Paycards are not normally required overnight between 5pm and 8am the next day but you must check the signage very carefully for parking rates and time restrictions wherever you park. Single yellow lines indicate that parking is prohibited day and night and the penalty for parking on these lines is usually a fine. Sand Street car park has a pay-as-you-leave system.

Can Freedom Holidays organise our travel?
Yes, definitely we work with travel partners who can facilitate both air and sea travel.
All accommodation bookings with our sea travel partner via Freedom Holidays, will receive a minimum £25 discount of the accommodation when the booking includes a car on the ferry from the UK.

When travelling by ferry it is imperative that you check your sailing before leaving home using the contact details for Condor on the travel section on our Confirmation Invoice. Please provide us with your mobile number and we, and Condor Ferries, will always do our best to contact you if we know of any delays or reschedules.

We are happy to provide you with a quotation for air travel from most UK airports too. Please see our Travel page and ask for details. 

Are starter grocery packs provided?
Grocery packs are provided, on request, at some properties, at cost - this means that you pay the owner for the cost of the items they have bought for you. When this is offered, it is clearly stated in the individual property description and you are asked to request your items directly from the owner before you travel. Some properties do provide a free Welcome Pack.

What time can I arrive at my holiday home?
Accommodation is normally available from 2pm on your arrival day and must be vacated by 10am on your departure day unless otherwise stated or notified to you. Keys will be given to you when you arrive at the property and are shown in by the owner or keyholder. Please contact the owners during the week before you arrive to introduce yourself and to advise them of your expected arrival time. We will give you the contact details of the owner with your holiday confirmation.

Do I need photographic identification?
Photographic identification is needed for all adult air passengers and with effect from 01/03/19 Sea passengers will also be required to travel with photo identification.  Children under the age of 16 do not need to show ID on domestic routes. The adult they are travelling with can vouch for the infant's/child's identification, providing the relevant photo ID is shown (by the adult).  Examples of acceptable documents are passport, photographic driving licence or citizen card. A citizen card can be obtained via the internet at Passports are required for daytrips to France. Travellers from mainland Europe do need a full passport for everyone, including children.

Do I need travel insurance?
Yes, it is the responsibility of the client to purchase suitable travel insurance for themselves and their party to cover their booking.  Freedom Holidays strongly recommends that clients purchase suitable insurance to cover cancellation charges for circumstances beyond the client’s control, such as, but not limited to, medical expenses* arising whilst on holiday, loss of luggage or money and personal liability, jury duty, incarceration, change in personal or employment circumstances, military service, death or illness (including Covid-19**), shielding/isolation, family emergencies and travel delays.  Insurance should be taken out at the time of the holiday booking. If a client chooses not to purchase travel insurance, then the client accepts responsibility for any loss they may incur due to their cancellation. 

*Make sure you're covered for specialised medical transport home (repatriation) and medical transfers for treatment. These are often the most expensive charges when you need overseas treatment.

**Covid-19 is now a known risk and it is possible for you to insure your holiday against it. This can include the lead client or any of the booked party having COVID-19, having to isolate or quarantine or wishing to shield any members of the party. 

There are several Insurance providers offering policies which include cover for COVID-19 related cancellations, these include, but are not exclusive to;
Freedom Holidays do not sell, promote, endorse, or recommend any particular product, and do not benefit financially from, nor have any formal relationship with any of these providers.

How do I seek emergency care? Jersey is not part of the UK and therefore is not part of the NHS.  For UK visitors, some medical care is covered by a Reciprocal Health Agreement (RHA), but some is not including pre-existing conditions, repeat or lost perscriptions etc.  Emergency care is free you can attend the Emergency Department or call Tel. 999, but if you require non-essential care you will need to contact a local GP (doctor) then you must pay (doctor visits are not free in Jersey). A link to a list of local GPs can be found at The islands do have a Reciprocal Health Agreement with the United Kingdom. Please request details if applicable and if required.

Healthcare costs:

GPs, dentists and pharmacists:

How long can I rent a property for?
Holiday rentals are normally for 1 or 2 weeks only for all dates between April and October. Short stays and any-day changeovers are sometimes available between November and April.

Dog Friendly Accommodation
Where dog/s are welcome a paw symbol will be shown to indicate this on the property listing on the 'Properties' page.

The following properties may accept one or more dog/s on request. 
A dog must be declared on the booking request form and may be subject to an additional charge.
Please note that properties that accept dogs may not have enclosed garden.
Atlantic Studio,
Beau Voir Cottage, Beau Voir Studio, Croix Cottage, Croix MaisonFisherman's Cottage, Fort Leicester and La Crete FortLe RondiVallambrosa Annexe
Under no circumstances can a pet of any description be brought into a pet-free property.


Pet-free properties:
Whilst we do our best to ensure that pet-free accommodation is kept completely pet-free, obviously we cannot absolutely guarantee this. If necessary, please check with the owner that the property has been kept pet-free before you take up occupancy.  Please also note that the property owner may own their own pet and that may live within the vicinity of the property.  If this is of concern, please ask us for further information.

Disabled facilities:
We must be advised at the time of booking if you have mobility or other issues etc. and we can then help to direct you to a property to suit your specific needs. We do not accept any responsibility if a property proves to be unsuitable. We will always ask you to contact the owner direct to discuss your particular needs.

Tourism Registered Properties:
Guests may be required to complete Visitor Registration details.

What happens if I need to cancel my holiday?
Please contact us as soon as you can and also confirm your cancellation in writing. Deposit and balance payments are always non-refundable. We can provide you with all the necessary paperwork for insurance claims purposes on request.

Images: Some of the images of properties where more than one unit is offered may show images from a selection of the units offered. These images give an overall impression of the style of the property and are not necessarily the unit itself.

Symbols: Symbols are used on our website to summarise the following: Swimming pool - this may be inside or out, may be shared, may be heated or not. Garden/patio - outside area available - this gives no indication of size, style or exact location. Washing machine - this may be shared, charges may apply. Wi-Fi - available - no guarantee of strength or of availabilty, charges may apply. Pets welcome - number, type and size restrictions and charges may apply. For full details please see each individual property description and request any additional information if required.



E. & O.E.